Today, Fabric shoes are more and more popular, especially among young people. It offers style, dynamism for young people, and can be used flexibly on many different occasions.
However, the fabric is a material that is less resistant to dirt than other materials. The difficulty that many people often encounter is how to clean them?
Do you know how to protect Fabric shoes? Let’s find out the true method to clean and some useful tips.
- Cleaning Fabric Shoes
- Cleaning White Fabric Shoes
- Cleaning Fabric Dress Shoes
- Cleaning Satin Shoes
- Cleaning Suede Fabric shoes
- Cleaning Velvet Shoes
- Protecting Fabric Shoes
- Other Tips to Protect Fabric Shoes
- Can I Dry Fabric Shoes In The Dryer?
Cleaning Fabric Shoes
Preparing to clean fabric shoes
To clean Fabric shoes and make them as beautiful as new, we need to prepare some tools as follows:
- Soft paper towel, or old clothes (soft, absorbent cotton, clean cloth)
- Old toothbrush
- Shoe brush (with soft-bristled)
- Dishwashing soap
- Small bowl (or other utensils with small capacity)
- Warm water
Steps to clean fabric shoes
First, we have a few steps to clean the shoes while our shoes are still dry:
+ Use your hands to gently tap the soles of the shoes together to let the dirt, sand, and dirt stick on the surface of the soles fall out.
+ Use the shoe brush to brush the sole of the shoe, clean the dirt that can be easily removed even without the use of detergent.
+ Use a paper towel, or clean soft cloth to wipe the upper of the shoes.
Mixing cleaning solution:
To make this solution, you can mix a little dishwashing soap in a bowl of warm water, then gently dissolve the dishwashing soap into the water.
After the first step, the dirt has been partially cleaned, only long-lasting stains still need more cleaning, requiring a cleaning solution to clean.
So why should we use dishwashing soap instead of other ingredients? The answer is that dishwashing soap is an ingredient that is very to find and is always available in every household.
Dishwashing soap is a mild detergent, without too much detergent or chemicals, this will be safe for the fabric.
We should avoid using strong detergents, as this can cause the fabric to deteriorate quickly, or the color of the fabric can be changed, making the shoes unsightly.
Use an old toothbrush to clean the shoes:
Dip the toothbrush into the solution, let the brush absorb just a small amount of solution, not too much. Gently rub the fabric to remove stains.
Note that you should move the toothbrush in a circular motion, in a small area until this area is clean. Then continue to dip the brush in the bowl of cleaning solution and repeat with other areas of the shoe.
Remove soap on the surface of shoes
Use warm water to moisten a clean paper towel or cloth, then gently wipe away the soap from the fabric. Wipe several times until the soap is completely removed.
Dry your shoes
Use a paper towel or soft cotton cloth to wipe the shoes, absorbing the moisture on the cloth to blot the shoes dry.
After that, leave the shoes in a cool, dry place to let the shoes dry naturally, do not use heat to dry.
– Should prepare a lot of paper towels, and should choose a soft but tough one, to avoid the situation when the paper towel gets wet, it will tear. We also can fold the paper towel before wiping, which will be easier and more convenient.
– After cleaning the shoes, in step 5, you should use some paper towels or dry cloth to absorb the inside of the shoes to dry the shoes in the best way.
– If the shoes have laces, the laces can be removed for separate cleaning. The insoles can also be removed for separate cleaning or replaced with a new one if needed.
Cleaning White Fabric Shoes
White Fabric shoes will become older more easily than other colors because even if there is only a small stain, we can easily see it. In addition, over time, the white color of the shoe can also tarnish, or stain.
White Fabric shoes will need more cleaning than other shoes because just using white shoes when it rains can make them become very dirty.
You can avoid this, if it is raining or you know it is likely to rain, you should not wear white Fabric shoes that day.
However, it can’t always be avoided, so cleaning Fabric canvas shoes is essential to keep them looking their best.
Preparing to clean white fabric shoes
We need the following tools:
– Shoe brush which has small and soft bristles and an old toothbrush. (Or 2 old toothbrushes)
– Paper towels (or soft, clean cloth)
– Two bowls containing shoe cleaning solution
– Baking soda powder and laundry detergent
Steps to clean white fabric shoes
– First, the shoelaces should be removed for separate cleaning. You can mix a little dishwashing soap or laundry detergent in warm water, then put the shoelaces in, soak for a while.
When waiting, we can go and clean the soles and uppers of the shoes. After that, when finished cleaning the soles and the uppers, gently launder the shoelaces as you wash your clothes.
– Cleaning the soles
- Keep the shoes dry, don’t let them get wet, then lightly tap the soles of the two shoes together so that the dirt sticks in the surface of the soles or the dirt get stuck in the friction groove of the shoes can fall out.
- Gently use the brush to clean the tread or creases between uppers and the soles.
- Use a soft shoe brush or an old toothbrush to gently brush the soles of the shoes, so that the dirt continues to fall out. Then use water to clean the brush.
- Take a bowl to hold the cleaning solution, mix the baking soda powder with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Next, dip the shoe brush in the solution, then gently scrub the sole of the shoe to completely clean the stains.
- Use paper towels or a dry cloth to clean the solution.
– Cleaning the uppers
- Clean the bowl of baking soda solution to make a new cleaning solution to clean the uppers.
- Pour cold water into the bowl, then pour a little laundry detergent into the bowl. Gently use another toothbrush to stir the laundry detergent into the water completely.
- Use this brush to gently clean the stains on the uppers. Remember to gently move in a circular motion around the stain, from outside to inside until the stain is clean.
Note that you should clean each area, avoiding the stains in this area from spreading to the side. Repeat until the stains are completely cleaned.
- Moisten paper towels or soft cloth, then gently wipe away any soap residue on the uppers.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe, absorb the remaining water on the shoes, then leave the shoes in a cool, dry place. This causes the shoes to dry naturally, without using heat, ensuring the durability of the shoes.
***See More: How Do Converse Shoes Fit [Expert Advice 2021]
- Do not let water seep inside the shoe.
- Make sure the laundry detergent solution is completely dissolved in the water, and clean the detergent before letting the shoes dry.
- You can also add a little baking soda to the solution which is used to clean shoelaces.
- The insoles and shoelaces can be replaced if they cannot be cleaned.
Cleaning Fabric Dress Shoes
Fabric dress shoes often have many sophisticated designs and can be made from many different materials. Some popular Fabric dress shoes can be mentioned such as Suade shoes, Satin Shoes, Velvet Shoes.
For each of the above types, we need to have different cleaning methods and the cleaning will be more complicated than normal Fabric shoes.
***See More: How To Replace An Aglet? How To Fix An Aglet?
Cleaning Satin Shoes
Prepare some tools: hand soap, cold water, clean and soft cloths or paper towel
How to clean:
+ Use cloth or paper towel to remove the dirt in the shoes when it is dry
+ Make the cloth wet with cold water and blot the strains
+ If some strains can not be cleaned by water, we can use a little hand soap to clean them, but make sure that when one strain is cleaned, use the dry cloth to remove the soap immediately.
+ Use the paper towel to wipe the shoes and make them dry.
Cleaning Suede Fabric shoes
Suede is a special type of leather and needs to be cleaned with care. Otherwise, it will be easily damaged.
It is recommended to use a specialized suede brush to clean the Suede shoes, besides that, many shoe brands also sell some types of specialized cleaner for suede shoes. Based on these basic steps, you can use a specialized suede brush and cleaner to clean.
***See More: What Are Socks For? Why Are Socks Important?
Cleaning Velvet Shoes
Like Suede, Velvet is also a material that needs careful cleaning. You need to use a brush with extremely soft bristles and gently clean, you can use a dry cleaning solvent to remove stains.
Protecting Fabric Shoes
To protect your Fabric shoes, you can use a few ways as follows:
– With white fabric shoes, you should avoid using them on rainy days or when going to muddy, dirty areas.
– You can use stain repellents to protect Fabric shoes, stain repellents create a film on the fabric, forming a structure that resists stains, it also makes the shoes waterproof. You should use stain repellents as soon as you buy your shoes, or after cleaning and drying your shoes.
***See More: How to Wear Barefoot Sandals?
Other Tips to Protect Fabric Shoes
– After each time wearing Fabric shoes, you can use a clean paper towel to wipe the shoes, many stains are easy to clean if the stain is new.
– You can use a variety of cleaning solutions to clean your shoes, but be careful. If you want to try a new way to clean, you can try in less visible areas. If that method works, then use it with the whole shoe.
Can I Dry Fabric Shoes In The Dryer?
You can not dry Fabric shoes in the dryer. The best way to dry Fabric shoes is air dry. You can leave the shoe dry in a natural way without heat or direct sunlight because the heat can shrink the fabric.
Fabric shoes are an extremely popular and indispensable shoe in our shoe cabinets. Sometimes, we forget them because, over time, they get dirty and become no longer new.
However, many types of Fabric shoes are very durable and after being cleaned, they will look new again.
Protect your Fabric shoes from the moment you buy them, and remember to clean your fabric shoes properly so as not to damage them.
We hope that the instructions and tips above will help you know how to protect fabric shoes and always keep your shoes clean and beautiful.